Saturday, May 9, 2009

Pictures.


Breckan, Charlie, Horse.

Breckan and A Wall.

Breckan and A Curse.

Tibetans have a commitment to littering unmatched in the modern world. They call their litter "prayer flags."

Rock and Candles.

Monk and Candles.

A Lady With A Sucker. (also this lady was the loudest gum snapper I have ever heard).

Monks and Smoke.

Monk and Stairs.



Spencer and Car? (this deserves an explanation) I'm actually pondering how 5 adults (4 of them with the flu), 8 panniers, 6 duffel bags, some random kid with a sparkly Ed hardy hat, 6 80 pound bags of barley, parts of a yak carcass, and 7 bike wheels are going to fit in this vanish-like thing. Answer- they didn't. 60 kilometers down the road, the back of the van broke open spilling EVERYTHING out onto the road.

Monk and Kodachrome Background.

Even Tibetans go all Japanese.



This is my favorite picture from this trip.

Spencer and Mountains and Socks and Sandals.

Red Yarn Hat? Check! Yak Bone Thing? Check!

Pilgrims and Mountains.


Charlie and A River.

Cowboy Hats and Motorcycle.

Windy.


Spencer and A Fine Likeness Of Him.

6 comments:

  1. Emma here. I love your photos. what a wonderfully amazing adventure! I love seeing everything you guys are doing. I cant believe you guys are practically on the other sider of the world! I am glad Charlie is feeling better. Keep having fun! :) I love you Spencer and Breckan I miss you! :) With Hugs and Kisses your sis Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stories, the pictures....It is so fun to read and look - I am disappointed when I hit the end of the post.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. um the snarly dog might also be my favorite picture. i'm awaiting the day when we ride past one of those and their chain breaks and we all die an untimely death by tibetan dog mauling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. spencer - I know that we have discussed this at length many times - but I just want to flog the dead horse just once more. You are not a dick.

    amazing shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great photos. I daydream sometimes about being as adventurous as ya'll. Please don't do anything that will get you on the Nat. Geo show, "Locked Up Abroad".
    Anyways, I really enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. spencer, your facial hair looks like a wayward chin-strap. could you possibly be selling APX in tibet?

    ReplyDelete